I hope you’re doing well.
There is no shame declaring that I am a hardcore sweet lover. I’ve developed this habit of having anything sweet when I am stressed, relives my nerves.
I have always loved cooking. As a housewife, I never felt cooking as a task or a challenge. But when it comes to making desserts I take a seat back. you ask, why? It’s the failed experiences and the experiments. I do have confidence in making traditional or Indian sweets, but whenever there is gelatin included in the dessert I just sign off.
This recipe is very simple to make yet delicious. So without a further delay lets jump into the recipe.
Ingredients. 1 cup=250 ml
- One cup cashews.
- Sponge cake 10 to 12 slices
- Sugar- 1 cup, 3 tbsp, 3 tbsp.
- Butter- 100 gms
- Milk-250 ml
- Vanilla essence- 1tsp+ 1 tsp
- Fresh cream- 350 ml
Blend half a cup of sugar and half a cup of cashews.
Take a pan, add 1 big stick of butter.
Let it melt and then add the cashew sugar powder.
Keep roasting until it turns brown.
Make sure to keep mixing do not burn at the bottom.
Once done remove from the pan and let it cool down.
Whisk a half cup of milk, 3 tbsp. of sugar and 1 tsp. of vanilla essence, until the sugar dissolves.
Whisk fresh cream with 3 tbsp of sugar and 1 tsp of vanilla essence using a hand whisk.
Blend until the cream looks thick.
Do not over mix.
Keep it ready.
Cut the sponge cake in a rectangular shape. Each slice should be less than 2 inches.
Assembling the dessert.
- Take a wide pudding tray and dip the slice of a sponge cake in the milk-sugar mixture(step 2) and arrange it neatly making a layer.
- Once you cover the whole tray with sponge cakes making a layer, add the cream mixture (step 3) spread evenly on the cakes making it a second layer.
- Then generously add the cashew+sugar mixture (step 1). making it a third layer.
- Make another layer of sponge cakes dipped in milk mixture, topped with cream and then cashew sugar mixture.
- You can make more layers of the same.
- Refrigerate for at least 3 hrs.
This is one of the easiest recipes I’ve found.
I would try and post more recipes here,
In shaa Allah.
That’s it for now guys.
Until we meet again,